TEQsoft Tracker is a data entry framework designed to allow data collection on
mobile devices running Microsoft Windows CE 4.2 or Windows Mobile 5.0 or higher.
It's three major components are Tracker Builder, Tracker Installer, and the Tracker
5.0 mobile software. The release notes are designed to provide information regarding
the changes to the TEQsoft Tracker software and documentation for the Tracker 5.0 release.
To schedule your TEQsoft Tracker upgrade, or to get more information,
contact SCI at 800-824-9631 or email us at
TEQsoft Tracker modules are now stored in a special XML compatible document format with a ".module"
file extension. With Tracker Builder 5.0, you can now open, modify, and save Tracker modules using
this new document format.
Tracker 4.0 modules stored as ".add" files can quickly be converted to Tracker 5.0 format. In fact,
all the standard and custom modules developed by Spokane Computer have already been converted to
the 5.0 format.
Note: End users will generally not have access to the Tracker Builder program since most
Tracker modules will be developed and maintained by Spokane Computer personnel.
The Tracker Installer program includes a new, streamlined process to install or upgrade the Tracker
5.0 software onto the target mobile device (such as an Intermec CK31). There are five components
that must be installed on each mobile device: the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, Compact Framework
String Resources, SQL Mobile 2005, SQL Mobile 2005 Replication Objects, and finally, the TEQsoft
Tracker 5.0 software.
With the Tracker Installer program, you can now quickly import module files from a distribution
location onto the PC running the Tracker Installer program. Once a module has been imported, you
can view the module release notes and view or change the Module Configuration settings. Once the
module configuration settings have been set for the target system, you can add the module to the
mobile device. The TEQsoft Tracker 5.0 software will incorporate the new module the next time the
Tracker application is started on the mobile device.
Tracker 5.0 (mobile software)
The Tracker 5.0 program running on the mobile device has been re-designed to load quickly and
to incorporate the new features implemented in the Tracker modules. New features include
- Streamlined navigation with clearer sections and options
- Password protected configuration settings
- Ability to modify configuration settings on a module by module basis
- Ability to review the transactions in a given batch
- Support for Master/Detail transactions
- Ability to use a lookup file to cross-lookup data. For example, you could lookup a job order associated with a given VIN
Tracker 5.0 Documentation
- Release Date: 2/18/2010
- This version now requires SQL CE 3.5 to be installed on the mobile device
- Fixed a problem where you could not review a batch if the batch screen contained a "Display" type field
- Fixed a problem where "Time" fields were not working
- You are no longer required to fill the "Email To" and "Email From" fields on the module configuration window
- Release Date: 3/30/2010
- Fixed a problem if you used [Shift+Tab] to backup where you could not go forward without scanning
- Added support for [F1] key to show key help during data entry
- During data entry [F2] now works to backup to previous field
- Release Date: 12/13/2010
- Fixed a problem where the labels were incorrect on the "Module Definition" tab of the
- Release Date: 7/20/2011
- Release Date: 12/19/2011
- Fixed a problem using the Tracker Installer to install the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework
2.0 on an Intermec CK3. The install was aborting with an "Unsupported Device Type" error
because the NET CF 2.0 was already installed on the CK3 in ROM
- Release Date: 3/25/2013
- Support for the Intermec CN70 handheld computer series has been added
- Fixed a problem using the Tracker Installer on 64 bit operating systems
- When adding a module to the device, a System Overflow error prevented copying the module
- Fixed a problem displaying the Batch ID on the Review Batch form
- Data Entry Display fields did not display correctly on the Review Batch form
- Release Date: 5/29/2013
- Continued support for CN70-series Intermec device
- Updated 'About' info-screen and email-confirmation messages for CN70 compatability.